[scikit-learn] Is there any official position on PEP484/mypy?

federico vaggi vaggi.federico at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:05:19 EDT 2016

I've been using mypy on a much smaller codebase I've been developing.

The main benefits are:

1- Much nicer IDE experience when using something like pycharm.  I
expect more text editors to start supporting this in the future.

2- An additional way to catch some compile time errors early on. For
a codebase as mature as scikit-learn, that's probably not a huge deal.

3- Makes it nicer for other codebases using mypy to use scikit-learn.

Of those, the main benefit is by far 1.  I also think that the
opportunity cost is very low: annotations are easy to keep up to date,
and the annotation syntax is really very simple.