[scikit-learn] Estimator.predict() thread safety

Philip Tully tully at csc.kth.se
Fri Jun 17 11:01:10 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I notice when I train a model and expose the predict function through a web
API, predict takes longer to run in a multi-threaded environment than a
single-threaded one. I'm guessing the root cause has something to do with
thread collisions but I must be doing something incorrectly within the code
(I set n_jobs=-1 for both FeatureUnion and estimators/gridsearchers there)

has someone else ran into a similar issue? I can provide more details if
this Q is rather opaque still

best,
Philip