[scikit-learn] Fitting Lognormal Distribution

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:44:07 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM, Startup Hire <blrstartuphire at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hope you are doing good.
>
> I am working on a project where I need to do the following things:
>
> 1. I need to fit a lognormal distribution to a set of values [I know its
> lognormal by a simple XY scatter plot in excel]

The probability distributions in scipy have a fit() method, and
scipy.stats.lognorm implements the log-normal distribution (
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.stats.lognorm.html)
so you can use scipy.lognorm.fit().  See, for example,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26406056/a-lognormal-distribution-in-python
or http://stackoverflow.com/
/questions/15630647/fitting-lognormal-distribution-using-scipy-vs-matlab

Warren