[scikit-learn] Fwd: libmf bindings

Raphael C drraph at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:25:46 EDT 2016

(I am not a scikit learn dev.)

This is a great idea and I for one look forward to using it.

My understanding is that libmf optimises only over the observed values
(that is the explicitly given values in a sparse matrix) as is typically
needed for recommender system whereas the scikit learn NMF code assumes
that any non-specified value in a sparse matrix is zero.  It is worth
bearing that in mind in any comparison that is carried out.

Raphael