[scikit-learn] New contributor to scikit-learn

Kathleen Chen katch at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:33:40 EDT 2016

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Addressing a couple of specific comments:

Ronnie: I'm not sure! I will ask him. Did you go to Penn and/or how do you
know Chris?

Nelle: Seconding Andy's comment--Chris would definitely love to discuss
that!

Andy & Nelle: Regarding the separate tag and single person reviewing it. My
experience with the (in-progress) PR has not been too confusing: I actually
quite like the back-and-forth discussion and wonder how that would have
worked if only one person were reviewing the commit. i.e. Would that person
be the point-of-correspondence for others in the community and/or be
responsible for making sure that other people were on-board with the
change? Would we compile a dedicated list of people willing to review
student PRs and rotate through them? If we could agree on a procedure for
doing so, I could see it working out well for the future.
For me though, I do like the current workflow and don't find it too
difficult to follow.