[scikit-learn] ANN Scikit-learn 0.18 released

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:01:45 EDT 2016

Hi everybody.

I'm happy to announce scikit-learn 0.18 has been released today.
You can install from pipy or anaconda.org:

pip install --upgrade scikit-learn --no-deps

or if you prefer conda:

conda update scikit-learn

A big thank you to everybody who contributed.
This one took us a while, but I think it's worth the wait.

Highlights include:
- A new GaussianProcessClassifier and GaussianProcessRegressor to learn
complex kernels!
- A much improved GaussianMixture and BayesianGaussianMixture mixture
models.
- We moved the content of the grid_search, cross_validation and
validation_curve modules to the new model_selection module.
- A Multi-layer perceptron.

and soo much more that it's impossible to summarize.
Check out the full changelog here:

http://scikit-learn.org/stable/whats_new.html#version-0-18

Please don't update a (ana)conda installation using pip, as that might
lead to problems.
Let us know any issues you have on the issue tracker:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues

Enjoy!

Andy