[scikit-learn] Truncated svd not working for complex matrices

André Melo andre.nascimento.melo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:56:43 EDT 2017

Hi Olivier,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was convinced it couldn't be a
fundamental mathematical issue because the singular values were coming
out exactly right, so it had to be a problem with the way complex
values were being handled.

I decided to look at the source code and it turns out the problem is
when the following transformation is applied:

U = np.dot(Q, Uhat)

Replacing this by

U = np.dot(Q.conj(), Uhat)

solves the issue! Should I report this on github?