[scikit-learn] Question-Early Stopping MLPClassifer RandomizedSearchCV

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:05:56 EDT 2017

Yes, you understood correctly.
You can see the implementation in the code:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/blob/master/sklearn/neural_network/multilayer_perceptron.py#L491

It calls ``train_test_split``, so it's a random subset of the data.
Currently the API doesn't allow providing your own validation set.
What is the use-case for that?

Andy