[scikit-learn] caching transformers during hyper parameter optimization

Joel Nothman joel.nothman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 07:51:19 EDT 2017

We certainly considered this over the many years that Pipeline caching has
been in the pipeline. Storing the fitted model means we can do both a
fit_transform and a transform on new data, and in many cases takes away the
pain point of CV over pipelines where downstream steps are varied.

What transformer are you using where the transform is costly? Or is it more
a matter of you wanting to store the transformed data at each step?

There are custom ways to do this sort of thing generically with a mixin if
you really want.