[scikit-learn] Regarding scikit learn to take part in GSOC 2017

Jacob Schreiber jmschreiber91 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:51:31 EST 2017

Hi Akshay

Thanks for the note.

We've had several threads discussing this, and appear to have come to the
consensus that while there are some people who are willing to serve as
mentors, no one has the time right now to organize the entire thing. The
team always welcomes contributions and is willing to guide people seeking
to merge nice pull requests. For me specifically, I'd still love to work
with someone who is willing to parallelize single decision tree building,
but I don't have the time myself to implement this now or go through the
process to set up a GSoC.

Jacob