[scikit-learn] GSOC call for mentors

Jeffrey Levesque jeff1evesque at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 10:07:00 EST 2017

Hey guys,

Maybe you guys could redirect some of them to related scikit-learn projects?  For example, my project intends to interface scikit-learn:

- https://github.com/jeff1evesque/machine-learning

Even though it's a lot of JavaScript (web-interface), and puppet scripts for automating the build, I will need some help getting the python backend logic to correctly snap in to scikit-learns utilities.  If some of you want to assist me mentor (I know some of you wanted to mentor), since you guys are scikit-learn developers, that would be hugely helpful.

Even though individuals may not be creating new features (new algorithms, or optimizing) perse, they could assist me interfacing existing scikit-learn utilities, by writing corresponding Python logic which would properly delegate datasets into corresponding databases, and such.  This would largely make sklearn utilities available to a web-interface, as well as a server API - at least my intention.

My python syntax is the prettiest, so I welcome anyone to help improve it - since, this is largely a home pet project, and sometimes I only have 1-2 hours a day to work on this project.

Thank you,

Jeff Levesque
https://github.com/jeff1evesque

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 9:24 AM, Andreas Mueller <t3kcit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I agree, I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page, and that we can tell people "no we're not gonna do GSoC"
> instead of "err I don't know what's happening, maybe not?"

Thank you,

Jeff Levesque