[scikit-learn] R user trying to learn Python

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 18:42:13 EDT 2017

Hi, along with all the great tips you received, perhaps you may find this useful:

http://www.cert.org/flocon/2011/matlab-python-xref.pdf

I know is not on-topic with your question, but I found it very useful when I start to use python (coming from R)
So I thought it was worth to post it here.

It is very old but those basic functions are pretty stable.

The python code assumes a:

    from numpy import *

which others already explained you why is good practice to avoid it,

—Massimo.