[scikit-learn] contribution to scikit-learn - questions

Konstantinos Katrioplas konst.katrioplas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:34:34 EST 2017

Hello all,

My name is Konstantinos and I would like to contribute to scikit-learn.
I am relatively new to open source development and I want to work on
some easy bug-fixing to get used to the github workflow.

Firstly, is this issue open and should I try working on it?
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/8425  If not, would
you suggest another?

Furthermore, when trying to build with make I get this:

make: nosetests: Command not found
Makefile:32: recipe for target 'test-code' failed
make: *** [test-code] Error 127

Is this in any way expected and do you know what I might be missing?

Finally, is there an IRC channel particularly for scikit-learn?

Thanks in advance,
Konstantinos