[scikit-learn] [GSoC 2017] First Draft, request for suggestions - Improve Online Learning of Linear Models.

Karan Desai karandesai281196 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 13:04:47 EDT 2017

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Some of the easily doable callbacks include: 1.
    Verbose Logs (maybe progress bars ? Saw an issue earlier)
 2.
    Model Checkpoints
 3.
    Early Stopping
 4.
    Learning Rate annealing

As a second alternative, we can boil everything down and simply define learning
rate strategies, like linear, polynomial or exponential decreasing after fixed
amount of epochs.For a very naive alternative, we can even end up allowing the
user to provide a list having length equal to max_iter if it is specified. But
this doesn't sound too appetizing to me.
Karan.