[scikit-learn] GSoC proposal - linear model

Konstantinos Katrioplas konst.katrioplas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 03:44:06 EDT 2017

Hello Jacob,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I updated my proposal
<https://gist.github.com/kkatrio/9710b0a37f042a2df784cda7082d5523>. I
will add some minor details later today.

Regarding the codebase, I am thinking about editing
linear_model/sgd_fast.pyx for softmax and adding a new
linear_model/sgd_opt.pyx perhaps for AdaGrad and Adam, I don't know if
you agree on that.

I admit I am a total beginner in Cython but I have time until June to
practice.

If there is real interest in the project and time to mentor my proposal
please let me know. Ideally I would prefer not to leave it till the last
day.

Kind regards,
Konstantinos