[scikit-learn] Failing check_estimator on py-earth

Sebastian Raschka se.raschka at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:22:06 EDT 2017

> I'll probably have to set up a 32 bit environment with a debugger and drill down to find the bug,

Must not be a bug but can simply be due to floating point imprecision. If you checked that this is expected behavior, you could you do sth like

import numpy.distutils.system_info as sysinfo
if sysinfo.platform_bits == 32:
    numpy.testing.assert_array_almost_equal(..., precision=0)
else:
    numpy.testing.assert_array_almost_equal(..., precision=2)

or sth like that?

Best,
Sebastian