[scikit-learn] Rapid Outlier Detection via Sampling

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Mon Nov 27 03:45:22 EST 2017

> Do I need to write object oriented or are functions also ok?

I you want to contribute an implementation as a new project on scikit-learn
contrib, you should be careful to follow the scikit-learn estimators API:

http://scikit-learn.org/dev/developers/contributing.html#apis-of-scikit-learn-objects

For outlier detection in particular, you should make sure your new
estimator is consistent with the API conventions of other methods already
in scikit-learn:

http://scikit-learn.org/dev/modules/outlier_detection.html

One of the primary goals of the scikit-learn ecosystem is to provide a
simple homogeneous API to a very heterogeneous set of methods.

--
Olivier
​