[scikit-learn] Combine already fitted models

Rares Vernica rvernica at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:53:36 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have a distributed setup where subsets of the data is available at
different hosts. I plan to have each host fit a model with the subset of
the data it owns. Once these individual models are fitted, how can I go
about and combine them under one model.

I don't have a preference on a specific algorithm, but I am looking into a
classification problem.

I am looking at VotingClassifier but it seems that it is expected that the
estimators are fitted when VotingClassifier.fit() is called. I don't see
how I can have already fitted classifiers combined under a VotingClassifier.

Thanks!
Rares