[scikit-learn] combining datasets from different sources

Thomas Evangelidis tevang3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:29:45 EDT 2017

Thanks Jason, Sebastian and Maciek!

I believe from all the suggestions, the most feasible solutions is to look
experimental assays which overlap by at least two compounds, and then
adjust the binding affinities of one of them by looking in their difference
in both assays. Sebastian mentioned the simplest scenario, where the shift
for both compounds is 2 kcal/mol. However, he neglected to mention that the
ratio between the affinities of the two compounds in each assay also
matters. Specifically, the ratio Ka/Kb=-7/-9=0.78 in assay A but
-10/-12=0.83 in assay B. Ideally that should also be taken into account to
select the right transformation function for the values from Assay B. Is
anybody away of any clever algorithm to select the right transformation
function for such a case? I am sure there exists.

The other approach would be to train different predictors from each assay
and then apply a data fusion technique (e.g. min rank). But that wouldn't
be that elegant.

@Maciek To my understanding, the paper you cited addresses a classification
problem (actives, inactives) by implementing Random Forrest Classfiers. My
case is a Regression problem.

best,
Thomas

email: tevang at pharm.uoa.gr