[scikit-learn] plan to add the association rule classification algorithm in scikit learn

Dmitry Ignatov dmitrii.ignatov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:17:00 EST 2018

Hi All,

Just a short comment to "If you had an alternative algorithm for frequent
itemset generation in mind (I am not sure if others exist, to be honest). I
would also be happy about that one, too." There are many other techniques
and their modifications for related problems like sequence mining, see e.g.
here: http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/. In my opinion, a
notable difference for practice exists between frequent itemsets and closed
(frequent) itemsets; the latter may reduce an output drastically. However,
combinatorial explosion w.r.t. the number of produced patterns is an issue
here.

Best,
Dmitry