[scikit-learn] Does random forest work if there are very few features?

lampahome pahome.chen at mirlab.org
Thu Dec 20 20:57:16 EST 2018

I read doc and know tree-based model is determined by entropy or gini
impurity.

When model try to create leaf nodes, it will determine based on the
feature, right?

Ex:
I have 2 features A,B, and I divide it with A.
So I have left and right nodes based on A.
It should have the best shape if I create nodes based on A, right?

Now if I have 100 estimators but I only have two features, do I have
different trees which are all based on feature A?
or the shape of trees based on A are all the same cuz they were created by
feature A?

thx