[scikit-learn] Getting the indexes of the data points after clustering using Kmeans

Christian Braune christian.braune79 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 05:58:19 EST 2018

Hi,

if you have your original points stored in a numpy array, you can get all
points from a cluster i by doing the following:

cluster_points = points[kmeans.labels_ == i]

"kmeans.labels_" contains a list labels for each point.
"kmeans.labels_ == i" creates a mask that selects only those points that
belong to cluster i
and the whole line then gives you the points, finally.

BTW: the fit method has the raw points as input parameter, not the distance
matrix.

Regards,
 Christian

prince gosavi <princegosavi12 at gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 21. Feb. 2018 um