[scikit-learn] Fwd: Re: Topic for thesis work on scikit learn

Gaurav Dhingra gauravdhingra.gxyd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:42:36 EST 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [scikit-learn] Topic for thesis work on scikit learn
Date: 	Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:16:36 -0500
From: 	Andreas Mueller <t3kcit at gmail.com>
To: 	Gaurav Dhingra <gauravdhingra.gxyd at gmail.com>

Hi Gaurav.

Is your mentor experienced in contributing to sklearn? Will they be able
to review your code to the scikit-learn standards?

Have you worked on any other pull requests so far?

Getting anything into scikit-learn without close collaboration with the
community is quite tricky.

Having a faster K-means implementation based on recent research in the
area would be interesting,
There's also interest in adding Robust PCA, probabilistic inference
trees, and improving the latent dirichlet alloctation code.

You can find issues on any of these in the issue tracker, which also has
many more feature requests.

Andy