[scikit-learn] Using KMeans cluster labels in KNN

prince gosavi princegosavi12 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:34:10 EDT 2018

Hi,
Thank you for reply.

I was exploring the possibility that given well formed KMean clusters using
an additional KNN we can simply increase the accuracy that the data point
enters the right cluster.

Also I would like to know whether if it's possible to do such thing(out of
curiosity)?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Sebastian Raschka <se.raschka at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [image: Boxbe] <https://www.boxbe.com/overview> This message is eligible
> for Automatic Cleanup! (se.raschka at gmail.com) Add cleanup rule
> <https://www.boxbe.com/popup?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boxbe.com%2Fcleanup%3Fkey%3DUhIxNYq%252BiOO5xmIRDqLAN9uT8i2SvdGQD6ZmBAiV5Qw%253D%26token%3DwAP97NQM%252B2lQ3Y0OhtK0lH%252B9rcytbnIoOPwzoro3VRgCKwYCbmroH9dj%252FRj2KUu51cave7h8uL1DVdrHbDGKqrBg2crT4j1Zor03huy4A%252BrV5JVLofIOzldsuIvWL8BNAJt2H%252FOrHGc%253D&tc_serial=37421443999&tc_rand=1385488240&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
> | More info
> <http://blog.boxbe.com/general/boxbe-automatic-cleanup?tc_serial=37421443999&tc_rand=1385488240&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
>
> Hi,
> If you want to predict the Kmeans cluster membership, you can use Kmeans'
> predict method instead of training a KNN model on the cluster assignments.
> This will be computationally more efficient and give you the correct
> assignment at the borders between clusters.
>
> Best,
> Sebastian
>
> > On Mar 12, 2018, at 2:55 AM, prince gosavi <princegosavi12 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have generated clusters using the KMeans algorithm and would like to
> use the labels of the model in the KNN.
> >
> > I don't have the implementation idea but I can visualize it as
> >
> > KNNmodel = KNN.fit(X, KMeansModel.labels_)
> >
> > Such that the KNN will predict the cluster the new point belong to.
> >
> > --
> > Regards

Regards