[scikit-learn] Equivalent to Cost Matrix sklearn

Nadim Farhat nadim.farhat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:28:55 EDT 2018

Dear All,

I have a *screening* lab test and I am trying to minimize the False
negative value in the recall (TP/(TP+FN)) therefore I want to increase the
cost whenever an FN is found in the training. I understand that in R they
have some kind of loss matrix that penalize the FN during fitting.  my
Postive classes percentage is 30 %
On the forums and StackOverflow, they suggest using class_weight=balanced
in the decision tree which oversamples the class with the lowest
frequency. However, I don't see how that helps in minimizing the FN.

Any suggestions?

Bests

Nadim

--