[scikit-learn] Help me Please!

Santosh Subedi santoshmsubedi at gmail.com
Tue May 8 03:26:06 EDT 2018

 Hello,

I'm using Scikit-learn for Gaussian Process Regression (GPR). I'm facing a
problem/confusion regarding GaussianProcessRegressor class. If gp is a
GaussianProcessRegressor, the prediction is given as:

y_pred_test, sigma = gp.predict(x_test, return_std =True)

After printing the y_pred_test and sigma, the y_pred_test predicted for all
the data source (3 data source per each test point) at every test point.
However, the Standard deviation (sigma) is predicted just a single value at
each test point. I want the sigma to be predicted as y_pred_test for every
data source. I've asked my query at StackOverflow at the following link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50185399/insufficient-
output-with-predictx-test-return-std-true-in-gaussianprocessre

Could you reply with an appropriate answer to this email or at the
StackOverflow, please?

Kindly Regards,
santobedi