[scikit-learn] New algorithm suggestion - AODE

Dylan Fernando dylanf123 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:39:29 EDT 2018

Hello,

I would like to suggest a new classification algorithm for scikit-learn,
Averaged one-dependence estimators (AODE).
AODE achieves highly accurate classification by averaging over all of a
small space of alternative naive-Bayes-like models that have weaker (and
hence less detrimental) independence assumptions than naive Bayes. The
resulting algorithm is computationally efficient while delivering highly
accurate classification on many learning tasks. For more information, see
paper (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10994-005-4258-6). The
paper has over 200 citations.
There is an existing implementation in the WEKA machine learning suite (
http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.stable/weka/classifiers/bayes/AODE.html).
I’ve made a pull request and I would like some feedback (
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/11093).

Thank You,
Dylan