[scikit-learn] DBScan freezes my computer !!!

Shane Grigsby shane.grigsby at colorado.edu
Fri May 18 18:29:19 EDT 2018

Hi Mauricio,
You can also use OPTICS in DBSCAN mode. The pull request is here if
you'd like to clone it:

https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/1984

Running ~40,000 points in three dimensions takes about a minute. See the
example page here for how to do the DBSCAN extraction:

https://github.com/espg/scikit-learn/blob/2eac9fbf67b2715e11fdedfbb63bcdb56a80e216/examples/cluster/plot_optics.py

Cheers,
Shane

On 05/17, Mauricio Reis wrote:
>I'm not used to the terms used here. So I understood that the package had
>memory management, which was removed. But you could make the code available
>with memory management implementations. Is it?! :-)
>The problem is that I do not know what I would do with the code, because I
>only know how to work with the SciKitLearn package ready. :-(
>
>Att.,
>Mauricio Reis

>> Implemented in a previous version of #10280
>> <https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/10280>, but removed
>> for now to simplify reviews
>> <https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/10280#pullrequestreview-95622713>.
>> If others would like to review #10280, I'm happy to follow up with the
>> changes requested here, which have already been implemented by Aman Dalmia
>> and myself.​

*PhD candidate & Research Assistant*
*Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)*
*University of Colorado at Boulder*