[scikit-learn] Elbow method function for K-means procedure (Andreas Mueller)

Maiia Bakhova myabakhova at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:03:30 EST 2018

Hello Andreas,
thanks for your reply!
Sorry, I did not know about  methods. I guess it is a recent
development and I should have checked it out.
I came up with my idea after advising to students on a Machine
Learning Course to compute cosines, and by their reaction the idea is
not so easy to code.  I google it and found nothing for such
implementation. The only mentioning of cosine for clustering is using
cosine distance, so called cosine similarity. (I suspect that
remembering the cosine formula and how cosine values can be used to
compare angle values is difficult for some.) And length of a script is
not necessarily is an indication of usefulness. Although if such type
of evaluation for optimal cluster number is already covered by other
methods then my input might be not needed.
I will look up other methods using your link and see if I can contribute here.
Best,
Mya

--
Maiia Bakhova