[scikit-learn] API Discussion: Where shall we put the plotting functions?

Trevor Stephens trev.stephens at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 06:06:07 EDT 2019

I think #1 if any of these... Plotting functions should hopefully be as
general as possible, so tagging with a specific type of estimator will, in
some scikit-learn utopia, be unnecessary.

If a general plotter is built, where does it live in other
estimator-specific namespace options? Feels awkward to put it under every
estimator's namespace.

Then again, there might be a #4 where there is no plot module and plotting
classes live under groups of utilities like introspection, cross-validation
or something?...