[scikit-learn] scikit-learn website and documentation

Chiara Marmo marmochiaskl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 09:43:05 EDT 2019

Dear list, dear devs,

I have started to look at the scikit-learn documentation: talking with
developers in July here in Paris, it seemed that you all are concerned by a
reorganization / relooking of the doc and nothing is better than a naïve
beginner to check the effectiveness of a doc ... right? ;)
... and diving into the docs allows me to better familiarize with the
project... :)

As CSS and HTML5 are a bit more fun than reStructuredText I've started to
play with styling together with the sphinx contents ... contents ask for
more focusing ... I will be more serious on that starting from September

>From the styling point of view, I am a big fan of this one [1] that you
probably already know and I tried to apply those amazing styles to sphinx
documentation.
Then I saw the Andreas tweet [2] ... and decided to stop by to sum up.

I've prepared a mock-up for the webpage available here [3].
It's a standard build of the doc with the editorial [4] styling (basic
customization needs improvements). The code is available here [5].
I've tried not to move too far from the original visual ... because history
is important, especially when you have one! :)

I've focused on the homepage so don't expect big modifications in the doc
itself. This is just a proof of concept. If you think I'm on the right
track let me know... I will be happy to be useful on that.
If not, or you already have someone taking care of that, please let me know
too and I will find something else to do.

Thanks for reading me.

Best,

Chiara

[1] https://html5up.net/