[scikit-learn] Semi-supervised learning contributions

Jonatan Gøttcke jonatania at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:43:00 EDT 2019

Hi Scikit-Learn developers.

I’m a masters student in Data Mining and Machine Learning from Denmark. I’m finishing my masters in two months time.
As a part of my thesis I’m comparing a theoretically sound and interesting semi-supervised algorithm I came up with, to a bunch of other algorithms. The problem was, that all of these basic graph based algorithms didn’t exist in scikit-learn, so I’ve implemented them following a scikit-learn like ”methodology”, but it’s not 100% compatible. Compatibility will require a bit more work, but dependant on how much it is (I don’t know cause I’ve never contributed to scikit-learn before), I might have time to put that in before the deadline (or I could do it as a part of my PhD, and get that as an easy first publication). I’m sure you are more interested in getting the basic graph algorithms in there, than my own interesting (and still unpublished) methods  😉.

I would however love to hear if you guys are interested in getting this contribution into scikit-learn.?

Cheers
Jonatan M. Gøttcke

CEO @ OpGo
+45 23 65 01 96