[scikit-learn] ANN: PyDataLondon 2020 Call for Proposals (closing soon on February 21)

Ian Ozsvald ian at ianozsvald.com
Wed Feb 12 11:46:20 EST 2020

PyDataLondon 2020 runs on May 15-17, we'll have the same 3 day mult
track format as last year [1] with circa 700 attendees.

We're keen to have new talks and tutorials on machine learning, data
science, data engineering and associated areas. We welcome and
encourage first-time speakers, mentorship is available for first-time
submitters to help refine your proposal:
https://pydata.org/london2020/cfp/

Topics around scikit-learn, related scikit packages and related
packages (e.g. PyMC3, Keras) are all very welcome. Thanks to NumFOCUS
there are some travel and diversity grants.

Our Call for Proposals is open until February 21, all proposals will
be released to the double-blind review committee simultaneously at
this point. This is our second year with a double-blind committee.

In addition to a double-blind review process the conference offers a
creche, prayer and quiet rooms and an "unconference" track which is
scheduled by participants to increase the diversity of talks and
activities, in addition to the usual pre-scheduled tracks:
https://pydata.org/london2020/

If you have questions feel free to email me directly and I'll try to
help. I'm not on the review committee, I'm one of the founders of the
conference series and a continuing volunteer. All of the core
PyDataLondon organisers are volunteers.

Thanks, Ian.

[1] https://pydata.org/london2019/schedule/

--
Ian Ozsvald (Data Scientist, PyDataLondon co-chair)
ian at IanOzsvald.com

https://IanOzsvald.com
https://MorConsulting.com
https://twitter.com/IanOzsvald