[scikit-learn] Issues for Berlin and Paris Sprints

Chiara Marmo marmochiaskl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 05:13:40 EST 2020

Dear core-devs,

First let me wish a Happy New Year to you all!

There will be two scikit-learn sprints in January to start this 2020 in a
busy way: one in Berlin [1] (Jan 25) and one in Paris [2] (Jan 28-31).
I feel like we could benefit of some coordination in selecting the issues
for those two events.
Reshama Shaikh and I, we are already in touch.

I've opened two projects [3][4] to follow-up the issue selection for the
sprints.

I will check for previous "Sprint" labels in the skl issues and maybe ask
for clarification on some of them... please, be patient.
The goal is to prepare the two sprints in order to make the review process
as efficient as possible: we don't want to waste the reviewer time and we
hope to make the PR experience a learning opportunity on both sides.

In particular, I would like to ask a favour to all of you: I don't know if
this is even always possible, but, IMO, it would be really useful to have a
list of two/three reviewers available to check on a specific issue. I am,
personally, a bit uncomfortable in pinging core-devs randomly, under the
impression of crying wolf lacking for attention... If people in charge are
defined in advance this could, I think, smooth the review process. What do
you think?

Please, let us know if you have any suggestion or recommendation to improve
the Sprint organization.

Thanks for listening,
Best,
Chiara