[scikit-learn] major league hacking summer internship program

Andreas C. Mueller andreasmuellerml at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:34:02 EDT 2020

Hi Folks.

So this program sounds pretty cool. They preselected some people for an ML work group, who will be doing daily standups together and pair programming,
and who might move around between some related projects over the 12 weeks of the program.

They made sure to get a diverse set of students and they have an engineer that will supervised them.

They would probably have 2-3 students working on sklearn.

They don’t expect having one big feature but they do expect some guidance on what issues to work on.

Also, the program starts on Monday, and they start contributing to OSS projects about a week after that.

Ideally we’d tell them if we’re in or not before Monday, and have a tentative list of issues / projects.

What do you all think? Also, if we want to do it, who would have cycles for some reviewing?

This seems to be well organized and they seem to have put quite some thought into it, but we do need to do a little bit of work on our end.

I can try picking some issues but I probably can’t commit a lot of reviewing time.

Cheers,

Andy