[scikit-learn] About the Boston housing prices dataset

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni at fastmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:37:46 EDT 2020

I very much like your paragraph, Olivier. I might recommend additionally raising it as a warning when calling the data creation function.

For reference, in scikit-image when we removed Lena we raised a warning and returned an alternative (the now-famous `data.astronaut()`) for two versions, before removing the image altogether.

I think that was a good approach for us, but I like your preference of using the dataset as an educational opportunity in this case. I lean in that direction also, but with the caveat that I think the message should be included in a warning, not just in the docstring.

Juan.