[scikit-learn] Sprint leaders wanted for SciPy Japan

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni at fastmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:33:34 EDT 2020

Hello scikit-learners!

I am sprints chair for the upcoming SciPy Japan virtual conference [1]. It’s running Oct 30-31 (main conference) and Nov 1-2 (sprints). This is the second SciPy Japan conference and the first with sprints. The sprints officially run from 9am to 5pm Tokyo time, which corresponds to 11am-7pm Australia Eastern time and 4pm-midnight Sat-Sun USA West Coast. (I won’t bother with the Europe time. 😂)

We currently have sprints confirmed for CuPy, dask-image, Apache Arrow, scikit-image, Sphinx, and napari. It would be fantastic if we could get some scikit-learn core devs to participate.

I also want to thank Reshama Shaikh for her writeup [2] about the scikit-learn online sprint in June, it is invaluable in helping me get set up for next month. (And the rest of the team for all the resources cited therein, e.g. Andy’s video intro.) If people have any additional tips not shared in that post — some of the action items are a bit open ended, e.g. “Three platforms (Zoom, Discord and Gitter) were confusing for attendees. One platform was preferred.” —, then I would definitely appreciate someone reaching out to me with more tips!

Thank you,

Juan.