[scikit-learn] Open Source: sustainability and etiquette

Reshama Shaikh reshama.stat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:25:01 EDT 2021

Hello,
I've seen some excellent resources that have explained open source, its
sustainability, challenges and *indirectly, the etiquette*.

I am starting to compile the list here [a].

This keynote by Stuart Geiger is a must-watch:  The Invisible Work of
Maintaining & Sustaining Open Source Software   [b]

There is one more video by Emily someone who was at Microsoft, but is now a
professor somewhere, and I am trying to track that video down.  I think
it's from 2017.  I'll add it to the list once I find it.  If anyone knows
the full name of the speaker, please share.

[a]
https://www.dataumbrella.org/open-source/open-source-sustainability

[b]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3iltcaIL8

Best,
Reshama
---
Reshama Shaikh
she/her
Blog <https://reshamas.github.io> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/reshamas>
| LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/reshamas/> | GitHub
<https://github.com/reshamas>

Data Umbrella <https://www.dataumbrella.org>
NYC PyLadies
<https://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt6zEs68RbcMfjPcajNHTKtn9NmwqQbJhe15mAZ1gz2La_s50GiGgQPBz9c9AKCDbbu2LRERFOLQHDZ3rAVGAkUEIFdmeKWgLQ1JD-2FBfVxXpI86J1oyur7RYRzToaqco1fWUx-2FWPOn-2FLCyCICxwu5bjlHJvtSvVekt71L43UiQL8dMjr0HfGP-2FSeiGQFG0QQxzS-2FX5o4Q8Ch-2BHrlA5hsa9VyPXC5FvBn1cNbkmil3SgwH7HWFmXsKFJ7RYrzZR0EwWFIMarRA8-2BTgd8yXJYlfxogk-3D>