[scikit-learn] Regarding negative value of sklearn.metrics.r2_score and sklearn.metrics.explained_variance_score

Samir K Mahajan samirkmahajan1972 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 02:17:01 EDT 2021

Dear Chrisophe,
I think you are oversimplifying by saying econometrics tools are for
inference.  Forecasting and prediction are integral parts of econometric
analysis. Econometricians  forecast by inferring the right conclusion
about the model .   I wish to convey to you that I teach  both
statistics and econometrics,  and am now learning ML. There is a
fundamental difference among statistics, econometrics and  machine
learning.
Regards,

Samir K Mahajan