[scikit-learn] pipeline diagram

Reshama Shaikh reshama.stat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:09:34 EDT 2021

Hi Joel,
I am working on the PR to add the diagram visualization to the
documentation [a].
I had added both text and diagram output to all the examples, because I did
not realize you could click on the diagram sections to get more
information.  It wasn't until my recent discussion with Thomas where he
pointed it out; it wasn't intuitive to me.  It would be good to either:
a)  add a note somewhere indicating "click on the text in the pipeline
visualization to see more details, such as parameter settings"
b)  add a GIF of it to the documentation
c)  if when the user puts their cursor over the diagram at all, show
something like "Click an estimator type to see its parameters"

I added this PR to the agenda for the next scikit-learn meeting.

[a]
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/18758

Reshama Shaikh
she/her
Blog <https://reshamas.github.io> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/reshamas>
| LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/reshamas/> | GitHub
<https://github.com/reshamas>

Data Umbrella <https://www.dataumbrella.org>
NYC PyLadies
<https://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt6zEs68RbcMfjPcajNHTKtn9NmwqQbJhe15mAZ1gz2La_s50GiGgQPBz9c9AKCDbbu2LRERFOLQHDZ3rAVGAkUEIFdmeKWgLQ1JD-2FBfVxXpI86J1oyur7RYRzToaqco1fWUx-2FWPOn-2FLCyCICxwu5bjlHJvtSvVekt71L43UiQL8dMjr0HfGP-2FSeiGQFG0QQxzS-2FX5o4Q8Ch-2BHrlA5hsa9VyPXC5FvBn1cNbkmil3SgwH7HWFmXsKFJ7RYrzZR0EwWFIMarRA8-2BTgd8yXJYlfxogk-3D>