[scikit-learn] Crypto project to fund open source

Adrin adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 04:18:24 EST 2021

I had a chat with Guillaume and he raised the concern of energy consumption
on blockchain platforms.

I had a little look, and realized this platform runs on Etherium, which has
a significantly lower energy footprint
than bitcoin, but still a rather high footprint. You can see the
consumption charts through years here:
https://digiconomist.net/ethereum-energy-consumption

According the above link, energy per transaction on etherium is ~40kWh,
which is about 6EUR/transaction
on my electricity bill, and to be that's way too high of a price and
electricity consumption.

I think then my vote would be a no wrt. this platform.

Cheers,
Adrin