[scikit-learn] An alternative project to scikit-learn for support vector machine learning tools ?

Jean-Marc MERCIER jean-marc.mercier at mpg-partners.com
Sat Jan 16 08:01:44 EST 2021

Hello,

and congratulations for the very nice work done at scikit-learn
<https://scikit-learn.org/stable/> !

I would like to point out an alternative initiative to SVM tools for
machine learning than scikit-learn. We are trying to kick-off
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/codpy-tutorial-mercier-jean-marc/> it, see
for instance this link here
<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3766451>.

Indeed, as practitioners from the private research sector, we felt the need
to craft an alternative approach to SVM learning tools some years ago. We
are using this approach today for industrial applications, it revealed
itself quite solid and robust.

I thought that this initiative might interest the scikit-learn community.
Above curiosity, there might be some interests to discuss together : might
our ideas be interesting for your community ? Can they be merged together ?

So I would like to identify the correct persons at scikit-learn to discuss
these matters. Could someone help me there to identify who is in charge of
this project to enter a dialog with him ?

--

*Jean-Marc Mercier*

Senior Research Advisor

136 boulevard Haussmann