[scikit-learn] LassoCV.coef not implemented (I think)

Guillaume Lemaître g.lemaitre58 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:37:19 EST 2021

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 at 21:24, Robert Slater <rdslater at gmail.com> wrote:

> Appreciate the clarification.  I definitely think the docs need some
> polish as coef_ only returns a single fitting of coefficients and not the
> coefficients along the path as stated in the api guide.

I am confused here. LassoCV states:

*coef : *ndarray of shape (n_features,) or (n_targets, n_features)

Parameter vector (w in the cost function formula).
So it seems exactly what it is returning. It does not return the
coefficients along the path.
Which documentation are you referring to when stating the API guide (if you
could provide a link, it would be really helpful)?

> I am seeing
>
> alpha_
> alphas_
> coef_
> dual_gap_
>
> as fitted variables (plus a few more) which is slightly different than the
> guide/api docs (all the names are plural in the api guide)
>
> I don't know if there is way to contribute an edit to the docs, I'd be
> more than happy to do it (Sorry I'm very OCD about such things, and I know
> this is a minor details)., I'd be happy to suggest the edit through proper
> channels.

You can always open a PR in the GitHub scikit-learn repository because the
documentation is actually the docstring from the classes and functions.
The user guide documentation is located in the /doc folder and the
contributing guide will be helpful to start with:
https://scikit-learn.org/stable/developers/contributing.html