[scikit-learn] random forests and multil-class probability

Sole Galli solegalli at protonmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:42:47 EDT 2021

Thank you!

So when in the multiclass document says that for the algorithms that support intrinsically multiclass, which are listed [here](https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/multiclass.html), when it says that they do not need to be wrapped by the OnevsRest, it means that there is no need, because they can indeed handle multi class, each one in their own way.

But, if I want to plot PR curves or ROC curves, then I do need to wrap them because those metrics are calculated as a 1 vs rest manner, and this is not how it is handled by the algos. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you!