[scikit-learn] [Data Umbrella] scikit-learn Latin America sprint (June 2021)

Reshama Shaikh reshama.stat at gmail.com
Sun May 23 10:37:35 EDT 2021

Hello,
Data Umbrella is organizing a scikit-learn open source sprint, with a focus
on * LATIN AMERICA * on June 26, 2021.

This scikit-learn sprint is a 4-hour online hands-on "hackathon" where we
work on issues in the scikit-learn GitHub repo to get started in
contributing to open source in a structured setting.  There is 2-3 hours of
pre-work and participants will work with a pair programming partner during
the sprint.

Sprint website:
https://latam2021.dataumbrella.org/home

Sprint application:
https://forms.gle/cxav9eE9ZkiULfbm7

Tweet:
https://twitter.com/DataUmbrella/status/1394661734275821573

LinkedIn post:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6800434144624070656/

Meetup event:
https://www.meetup.com/data-umbrella/events/278298428/

FAQ:
Q: If I am not in Latin America, can I still apply and participate?

A: Priority will be given to folks in the Latin America region. If there
are open spots, we will open it up to other regions. In the meantime, we
have resources available for all to get started in contributing to
scikit-learn. Check them out here:
https://latam2021.dataumbrella.org/about/prep-work

Any questions, please email us:  data.umbrella.dei at gmail.com

Cheers,
Reshama
---
Reshama Shaikh
she/her
Blog <https://reshamas.github.io> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/reshamas>
| LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/reshamas/> | GitHub
<https://github.com/reshamas>

Data Umbrella <https://www.dataumbrella.org>
NYC PyLadies
<https://meet.meetup.com/wf/click?upn=pEEcc35imY7Cq0tG1vyTt6zEs68RbcMfjPcajNHTKtn9NmwqQbJhe15mAZ1gz2La_s50GiGgQPBz9c9AKCDbbu2LRERFOLQHDZ3rAVGAkUEIFdmeKWgLQ1JD-2FBfVxXpI86J1oyur7RYRzToaqco1fWUx-2FWPOn-2FLCyCICxwu5bjlHJvtSvVekt71L43UiQL8dMjr0HfGP-2FSeiGQFG0QQxzS-2FX5o4Q8Ch-2BHrlA5hsa9VyPXC5FvBn1cNbkmil3SgwH7HWFmXsKFJ7RYrzZR0EwWFIMarRA8-2BTgd8yXJYlfxogk-3D>