[scikit-learn] [TC Vote] Technical Committee vote: line length

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Tue Oct 5 10:09:48 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I left for vacations and forgot this (and did not express my vote).

The TC has had plenty of time to vote, my own vote is in favor of the
consensus in very active developers.

My count of the expressed vote is the following:

- Keep current 88 characters:

    Olivier Grisel
    Joel Nothman
    Gaël Varoquaux

- Revert to 79 characters:

   Alex Gramfort
   Adrin Jalali

- Answer with no preference expressed:

   Roman Yurchak

So the decision is to use 88 chars, which means no action is needed.

Thank you everyone!

Gaël

On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 11:15:48AM +0200, Roman Yurchak wrote:
> I also don't have a strong opinion on this, and generally I'm just happy
> that black migration happened.

> Still with a slight preference for 88 characters as the default.

> On 28/07/2021 18:34, Olivier Grisel wrote:
> > Many very active core devs not represented in the TC voted for 88 and
> > my previous vote for 79 was not that strong. So I feel that I should
> > now vote for 88:

> > Keep current 88 characters:

> > Olivier

> > Revert to 79 characters: