[scikit-learn] Call for Proposals for SciPy 2022!

Arliss Collins arliss.collins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 19:14:51 EST 2022

[image: image.png]

Hello Everyone,

We are reaching out to you about the 21st annual Scientific Computing with
Python Conference — also known as SciPy 2022
<https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/> — that will be held July 11-17, 2022 in
Austin, Texas.

The call for submissions <https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/participate> is
now open, and we would love to receive proposals from folks in your
organization. We seek submissions for talks and posters
<https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/talk-poster-presentations> by *February 11*.
This year, in addition to the general conference track and domain
mini-symposia, we are accepting submissions for two specialized tracks: (1)
Machine Learning and Data Science, and (2) Data Life Cycle. We are also
seeking tutorial <https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/tutorials>
submissions by *February
15.*

This year's conference will be held in-person in Austin, Texas. Registration
<https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/attend> opens February 3 and early bird
rates end May 1. Scholarships are available this year – if you’d like to
apply for a scholarship to attend, please fill out this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZ_xCt0HbNOhsn3UR4qFf8dhqs0td47IjnTTGpEjVOrEiwHA/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
The deadline for scholarships
<https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/financial-aid> is *March 13*.

The conference will conclude with two days of Sprints
<https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/sprints> focused on developing and
maintaining open source Python scientific software. In addition we are
proud to offer again our Mentorship Program and networking events with
focused topics like “Careers in Data Science.”

You can find out more about our programming at
https://www.scipy2022.scipy.org/about. The full schedule will be published
later in May. In the meantime, please check out last year’s schedule
<https://www.scipy2021.scipy.org/schedule> and videos of last year’s talks
and events
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYx7XA2nY5GesARqNMImG3NnX3_bWq-lT> to
get a better idea of what SciPy conferences are like.

SciPy 2022 is shaping up to be a fantastic conference. We hope you'll join
us in July!

SciPy Organizers