[scikit-learn] What is the ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) number & COO (Country of Origin) of scikit-learn

Roman Yurchak rth.yurchak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:31:06 EST 2022

Hi Anup,

as far as I know scikit-learn is not export controlled. It has no
components that belong to that classification.
You can check yourself though the lists provided for instance in links
of this blog post  https://www.magicsplat.com/blog/ear/index.html to
determine it.

Though I'm not a lawyer, and it's indeed an interesting legal question
with scikit-learn (similarly to other open-source projects) being hosted
at Github which does enforce those to some extent
https://docs.github.com/en/github/site-policy/github-and-trade-controls

You could also contact Tidelift which should be able to provide this
information for the projects they sponsor, though maybe only for
companies who subscribe to it ) For instance, see discussion in
https://forum.tidelift.com/t/export-control-classification-number/312

Roman