[SciPy-dev] Automated get_version

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Jan 7 02:59:46 EST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> I would think update_version should check and change the version if
> necessary and get_version should simply return the current version.
> But maybe it does not matter.

Not really indeed. Nevertheless, I renamed get_version to update_version
and introduced get_version that does not change the __version__.py file on
the disk, just warns if the version information is changed.

In addition, update_version has a new keyword argument

version_template = '%(major)d.%(minor)d.%(micro)d-%(release_level)s-%(serial)d',

so that one has a full control over how the version string should look
like.

Regards,
	Pearu