[SciPy-dev] IPython, a new SciPy.org netizen

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:45:54 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'd like start by publicly thanking Eric Jones, Joe Cooper and the rest of the
SciPy team for hosting IPython.  Some of you are already users of ipython and
may have received a message earlier today about this. My apologies for the
double mail, this one is short :)

For those who are not previous ipython users, I encourage you to take a look
at IPython at:

http://ipython.scipy.org

This will be IPython's new home on the net, and it will have the usual
scipy.org accoutrements in due time.  But right now the most important things,
  anonymous CVS access and mailing lists, are already up.

I really hope that this will not only enable me to develop ipython further,
but also help the whole community to provide the scipy project with a good
interactive shell.  Scipy is heavily using PyCrust already, and I have a lot
of interest in moving ipython in the direction of integrating (optionally)
with pycrust.

For further discussion of ipython issues, I encourage those interested to sign
  up at the ipython-specific mailing lists, located at: